Blackpool Cricket Club Emergency Procedures
In the event of an accident or emergency the nearest A&E Unit is
Blackpool Victoria Hospital, Whinney Heys Road, Blackpool, 01253 300000.
The emergency services can be contacted on:
• Ambulance 999 or 01772 865965
• Fire 999 or 01772 862545
• Police 999 or 01253 293933
Dealing with an incident or accident
• Stay calm but act swiftly and observe the situation. Ask yourself ‘is there danger of further injuries?
• Listen to what the injured person is saying.
• Alert the qualified First Aider who should take appropriate action for minor injuries.
• In the event of an injury requiring specialist treatment, call the emergency services on 999.
• For non-emergency injuries, the telephone number for NHS Advice is 111.
• Deal with the rest of the group and ensure that they are adequately supervised and safe.
• Do not move someone with major injuries. Wait for the emergency services.
• Contact the injured person’s parent, carer or guardian.
• Complete an Accident Report Form.
The club’s location is Blackpool Cricket Club, Barlow Crescent, West Park Drive, Blackpool
FY3 9EQ, 01253 393347.