1. That the Club shall be called “ THE BLACKPOOL CRICKET CLUB ” and shall have for its objects the playing of games of Cricket, Bowls, Lawn Tennis, Hockey, Badminton, Squash, Lacrosse, Rugby and all other recognised athletic sports and for the holding of Athletic Track and Field Sports Meetings.
2. At the Annual General Meeting of the Members there shall be elected:
(a) A President, Hon. Treasurer, Hon General Secretary, Hon. Cricket and Sports Secretary and Accountants.
(b) An Executive Committee consisting of not more than twelve members. Four members of such Committee shall retire annually in rotation but shall be eligible for re-election at the Annual General Meeting.
An Officer of the Club shall not serve as a member of the Executive Committee.
A permanent employee of the Club shall not serve as a member of the Executive Committee.
(c) In the event of a casual vacancy occurring during the year the person with the highest number of votes not elected in the previous year’s election for vacancies on the Executive Committee shall be invited to join the Committee.
(d) Failing an appointment under 2(c) the Executive Committee shall have the power to co-opt a member to fill any casual vacancy on such Committee. A member so co-opted shall retire at the Annual General Meeting immediately following, but shall be eligible to stand for election to the Executive Committee at this meeting.
(e) Members may vote for any number of candidates up to the requisite number to be elected.
(f) Any member who resigns from the Executive Committee during the period of office as provided for in Rule 2 (b) shall not be eligible to seek re-election to the Executive Committee during the remainder of the unexpired period in office which would otherwise have been served but for the resignation.
(g) In connection with the negotiations with the Blackpool Borough Council for a 30 year lease a representative of the Blackpool Borough Council be allowed to attend meetings of the Executive Committee.
3. The President, Hon. General Secretary, Hon. Cricket and Sports Secretary, Hon Treasurer and the Trustee for the time being, acting on behalf of the Club under the Trust Deed for the Cricket Ground shall be ex-officio members of the Executive Committee and all its Sub-committees.
4. At any meeting of the Executive Committee five shall form a quorum.
5. The Executive Committee shall have the entire management of the ground and property of the Club, all the property of the Club being vested in them as Trustees of the Club. They shall have the power to make any regulations they may deem proper for carrying out the objects of the Club, and they may determine any questions that shall arise upon the construction of these Rules, and their decision shall be final. They have the power to borrow such money as may be needed for Club purposes.
The Executive Committee will be responsible for the appointment of all staff which may include a Steward, Groundsman, Caterer, Professional Cricketer and such additional staff as the Committee deem necessary for the efficient running of the Club.
Sub-committees shall be established to cover the various sections of the Club’s activities and the Executive Committee shall have the power to co-opt any member of the Club to serve on any such Sub-committee. A representative of each section shall report to the Executive Committee on the proceedings of their Sub-committee and any decision of the Executive Committee arising from such reports shall be binding on the Sections or Sub-committees concerned.
The Minutes of the Executive Committee and all Sub-Committees shall be available for inspection by any member on application to the Hon. General Secretary.
6. At every Meeting of the Members, whether General or Special and at every Meeting of the Executive Committee, every member except Junior members present shall have one vote, and, when voting is equal the Chairman shall have a second or casting vote.
7. The Captains and Vice-Captains shall be appointed by the Executive Committee on the recommendation of the Cricket Sub-Committee.
8. The Annual Subscriptions shall be: Patrons £40.00; Members £20.00; Senior Citizens (i.e. persons aged 60 years and over) £15.00; Sports playing members (to include cricket and squash) £70.00; Players 18 to 21 years of age £35.00; Junior Players 12 - 18 years of age £15.00; Junior Players under 12 years of age £10.00; Family Membership (two adults and their children under 18 years of age) £60. All ages referred to above are as at 1st April in the year.
Other Subscriptions: Life Members £300.00
These Subscriptions except the first subscription of a new member which shall be payable on election, are due in advance on the 1st April of each year, and must be paid by the 1st May. Failure to pay by the due date will nullify membership until such time as the necessary subscription is paid. In the case of New Members failure to comply with this Rule shall render the election to membership void.
No playing member of any section to be eligible for selection after 1st May if their subscription is not paid in full.
Life memberships can be paid in instalments acceptable to the Executive Committee.
All persons who use the Club on a regular basis must be a member in their own right.
9. If a Member’s subscription remains unpaid after the 1st May, the Executive Committee may remove the name from the list of Members.
Any Member accepting a Member’s Card shall be liable for the Annual Subscription payable in respect of the same as provided for by Rule 9, and such acceptance shall be considered an agreement by the Member to pay the said Subscription.
10. Any member wishing to resign shall give notice in writing to the Honorary General Secretary and shall pay all arrears due at the date of such notice.
11. Membership of the Club shall be open to anyone interested in the sport of cricket, and the other sports as detailed in Rule 1, on application regardless of sex, age, disability, ethnicity, nationality, sexual orientation, religion or other beliefs.
The Club may have different classes of membership and subscription on a non-discriminatory basis.
Applications for membership of the Club shall be by completion of a membership application form and by payment of the relevant subscription/joining fees as determined by the Annual General Meeting of the Club.
The Election of Honorary Life Members of the Club shall be on the recommendation of the Executive Committee to the Annual General Meeting.
12. The Executive Committee has power to elect as temporary members umpires: players and officials and members of visiting clubs for such periods as the Executive Committee may think fit but not exceeding seven days.
12a. Subject to any restrictions which may from time to time be imposed by the Executive Committee, the following persons shall be entitled to admission to the Club’s premises and to request and be supplied with intoxicating liquor for consumption thereon:
(i) Members of the Club and their bona-fide guests provided that the names and addresses of such guests are entered in the visitors’ book by the member.
(ii) Members of other sporting and social clubs which have booked, with the consent of the Executive Committee, the use the use of the Club’s premises for their own club’s activities.
(iii) Persons attending pre-booked social functions organised with the consent of the Executive Committee.
13. No newly-elected Member (or any Member whose subscription remains unpaid after 1st May) shall participate in any of the advantages of the Club until he has paid his subscription.
14. A list of Members shall be posted up in the Pavilion.
15. After the election of a Member ( as per Rule 11 ) the Hon. General Secretary shall forthwith notify to him his election, by the issue of a Membership Card and make the Rules of the Club available on the website or in hard-copy form from the club.
16. A Member introducing any visitor shall on every occasion enter his name and place of residence in a book provided for that purpose. A visitor may not be introduced to the Club on more than six occasions in one calendar year.
17. Any Member may introduce a friend to the Cricket Ground to join in the game, but not for the purpose of constant practice, nor to the prejudice of members present desirous of playing.
18. Any Member who shall wilfully destroy, damage or lose any of the Club’s property must immediately replace the same, or pay the value thereof to the Treasurer, such value to be determined by the Executive Committee.
19. The Executive Committee shall have power to suspend from the list of Members of the Club any Member whose conduct shall be deemed objectionable, or who wilfully violates any of the Rules or Regulations of the Club.
20. The Club is open for the use of Members every day throughout the year, but a quorum of the Executive Committee shall order otherwise where deemed necessary. The hours during which the bar may be open for the sale of intoxicants are those permitted under the terms of the Club Premises Certificate issued by the Licensing Section of Blackpool Borough Council from time to time in force.
The Executive Committee may by resolution authorise an application to vary the hours the bars may be open for the sale of intoxicants permitted by the Club Premises Certificate by application being made to the Licensing Section of the said Local Authority and in addition, and where required by the Committee make application to the Local Authority for Temporary Event Notices in relation to authorised functions to be held within the Club.
21. At the close of each financial year the Accountants shall prepare the Accounts and Balance Sheet and for these purposes shall have access to all books and accounts of the Club. The Accountants shall review the accounts and form an opinion as to whether or not these are in accordance with the books and records of the Club and the explanations that the Accountants have obtained from the Proper Officers of the Club. The Accountants shall report their opinion to the Members of the Club in the Annual Accounts. A copy of the Accounts and the Balance Sheet with a report of the Accountants shall be posted on the Club Notice board at least 14 days before the Annual General Meeting. A copy of the Accounts and Balance Sheet can be obtained from the Honorary General Secretary from 14 days prior to the Annual General Meeting.
22. The Executive Committee may convene Special General Meetings at such time and places as they shall appoint. The Hon. General Secretary shall, upon a requisition in writing stating the objects of such meeting, signed by any 20 members of the Club, summon a Special General Meeting.
23. The above Rules may be altered at the Annual General Meeting, or at a Special General Meeting convened for the purpose. Notice, however, of any proposed alterations of any Rule or Rules must be given in writing to the Hon. General Secretary at least 28 days before such Meeting, and the Honorary General Secretary shall forward a copy of the said notice to the members four days prior to the Meeting.
24. The Annual General Meeting shall normally be held on the second Tuesday in December and shall be considered duly summoned if fourteen days notice be given. No person shall at the Annual General Meeting be proposed for election as an officer or on the Executive Committee for the forthcoming year unless his name and address shall have been forwarded to the Honorary General Secretary seven days at least before the Annual Meeting ( other than the existing members of the Executive Committee).
25. Any member of the Executive Committee failing to attend three consecutive regular meetings without submitting an apology or acceptable written explanation may be removed from the Committee at the Committee’s discretion
26. Blackpool Cricket Club fully supports the principle of equal opportunities and opposes all unlawful or unfair discrimination on the grounds of gender, colour, racial origin, nationality, disability, age, creed, sexual orientation, marital status and social background.
27. (a) Any resolution to dissolve the Club can only be considered and voted upon at the Annual General Meeting or a Special General Meeting and any resolution can only be passed on a simple majority of those members attending the said meeting, and (b) in the event of a resolution to dissolve the Club being passed by the members in accordance with paragraph (a) above any assets of the Club that remain will vest in and become the property of the senior cricket club in the Borough of Blackpool or the Lancashire Cricket Board.
28. The Club has adopted the ECB’s Safe Hands Policy.
29. The Club has also adopted the ECB’s Cricket Equality Policy and will adhere to its principles and guidelines.